<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/35583337?origin\x3dhttp://subjectivityisthekey.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
What's written here are my own thoughts. If you disagree with it, be professional and click the red X on the top right hand side. Please don't spam my C-box with vulgarities.
Monday, January 07, 2008 @ 03:38
*
PSS: Since I'm such a good guy, I'm changing the font size to large so that none of you will go blind reading this long post. Haha. I'm such a good guy. Haha

Hello 2008!!! Hello to the year where there's no school, no tests, no tutorials, no exams... Hello to a leap year. I want to go out on Feb 29th. Haha. But, sadly it's a friday.

It feels weird not to have a school to go to this year... First year since... Kindergarden that I don't have a school with a fixed timetable to go to... It feels weird... It's as if you've grown up... Till the point where you no longer have a school that you can go to... And school is the most significant part of a child's life. Shit, I feel damn old now... Oh well, change, the only constant... Another 5 years time and you'll be wearing a suit and waking up everyday at 6am just to go to work... Another 3 more years and you won't be a teenager anymore... I'm not kidding... It feels super weird not to go to school on the 2nd of Jan...

31st Dec 2007/ 1st Jan 2008

I'm amazed... I just thought back to what I did on the 31st of Dec. It's quite alot you know. I was awake for 24 hours straight without sleeping. How do I know?? Cause I woke up at 9am to watch amazing race and it was 9am the following day that I went to sleep.


So what did I do on the eve of new year?? I screamed my lungs out, I drove, I drank, I sang, and most importantly, had fun. So...

On the morning of the 31st, we, or those who turned up, went to escape. To think of the people who went, Rauf, Me, Syafiq, Ahmad, Jia Ying, Hui Li, Rena, Hajar. Ya, this few people. Not much to say lah, only that... It's Rauf's virgin trip there. That's why he was the organizer. This accomplished my part of screaming and driving. The viking ship can cause your heart to be sink. Or... Be left at the place where you were before. Does that make sense?? I also drove, albeit a Go-Kart. Never ever drive with Rauf. That's all I'm saying. And always make sure he arrives before you at the pit stop. I think he treated the whole thing as bumper cars.

After that, while the rest all went to Bedok to eat, I went back to Boon Lay. Alone, a 1 hour train ride... Poor me right... Haha. Actually it was ok lah, since I fell asleep at Aljunied. By the time I reached Boon Lay, it was already 1945 and I had to meet Jon/Zc at JP for dinner at 2000. Haha. In the end, I was half an hour late. Don't complain ok. It's one of the rare few times that I'm actually late. So after we ate dinner and wasted time walking around, we took the MRT to Bugis to meet up with Wilson. We arrived there too early loh. So I pestered him to knock off early from his work. I mean, come on, it's the eve of the new year, what's 15 mins going to do?? It was already closing lah... It's not as if they'll fire you for leaving 15 mins early on the eve of the new year. Anyway, after that, Wilson brought us to a pub/bar to celebrate the new year. All I have to say is that Vodka tastes like medicine. That covers the drinking part. And... since they were sitting there doing nothing, I just started singing along to the songs that they were playing.
And no, I wasn't drunk. I don't get drunk that easily. Haha. I was bored and they weren't talking at all. SOMEONE was trying to get the number of the waitress. SOMEONE. 3 guesses who that is. Anyway, we left the pub at 0230 and...

We walked to City Hall MRT from Bugis MRT to take the night rider back to Jurong West. By the time we reached JW, it was already 0400. So we decided to go to the coffee shop at Nanyang CC to have supper. While Jon/ZC went to 7-11 to get their supper, Wilson and I had a talk. It's about girls lah. But it's not about whose pretty and whose not. It's about how far you'll close one eye for that girl you like. By all means, I don't mind much except one thing. I just can't have a girlfriend who smokes. It's not because I'm scared of getting lung cancer or anything. It's just that... My grandfather passed away at age 60+ because he smoked alot. And I mean alot. I made a vow that I'll never ever in my life touch a cigraette and I plan to stick to that vow. Besides, why the heck would I want to shorten my lifespan when life's already so short.

Anyway, back to the story. After supper, we went to Jon house to waste the time that was left in the night, around 2-3 hours. We spent the time talking, playing. I spent the time teaching someone how to survive his game. Anyway, at 0730, we had to leave because... Someone had to work at 11am. Stupid right, New Year also must work. So we just went on our own way after that. I was supposed to go for a movie marathon at 11am. But... I fell asleep at 9am and left my handphone on silent mode. So sadly, I missed it. She even called me lah. Then I never pick up. So pai seh. Haha.

Throughout the night, I was messaging Xin Yun. And, from 10 smses that we exchanged between us, she found out that I like keeping things to myself. That's true. Especially problems. Haha. My way of thinking is that if the problem occurs because of me, then I am the one who has to solve it. I mean, the problem pops out because of something I do, then I should be the one who solves it. Of course lah, that doesn't mean that I'm so stupid that any problems caused by you guys I will take responsibility for it. I'm not that smart, neither am I that dumb.

K, that concludes what I did for the first day of 2008/ last day of 2007

2nd Jan

Nothing interesting lah. I just helped my mother with the housework. As usual. Haha, I have my own style of hanging clothes out. Just look up and spot the bamboo with the most unusual way of hanging clothes. That's my handiwork. Haha. =D

3rd Jan

I had lunch with Esther Ker. In her own words, it was a date. We talked, or rather, she talked and I listen. We talked about alot of things, from A levels to Secondary school to OGL to... Red cross to scouts to teachers to students to alot of things lah. I must say, this is the first time I met someone so dedicated to something, in this case, red cross. It demands alot of respect ok. It takes a lot of effort to be this dedicated to something. So, Esther, you have my respect for what it's worth. Haha. AND thank you for the present. Even though I don't like drinking coffee. Haha. And I told her something that I think I should tell everyone else. If you're a friend of Tommy, you're very fortunate. I'm his friend, and I count myself very fortunate. But don't tell him that. Haha. AND... I'm under strict orders from her to not forget her. Correction, I can't forget her. Haha. Even if I get amnesia, the one thing I must remember is her. Haha. As if I can control who to remember or not when I get amnesia lah.

After that, 3 guesses as to what I did next. And the correct answer is... Help my mother with her grocery shopping. Haha.

4th Jan

I had dental in the morning. At 9am. So... I was at orchrid (?) at 9am. To be more exact, Gleneagles. My dentist told me that... I only have to wear my braces for half a year more +/-. Hurray. Like, finally. I've put on my braces so long that they feel like second nature to me. I mean, it hurts at times, BUT, I also told myself that pain is good. Whether emotional/physical. Because pain is the only thing that tells you whether you're dreaming or awake. Don't you know? When you die/ suffer serious injury in your dream, you'll just wake up and the pain will be gone? That's why... If you feel pain, it means that you're awake and alive. BUT no, I'm not a sucker for pain. I'm still damn afraid of needles. Haha. I went up to visit my aunty who works at the children clinic on the 7th floor. Apparently, I'm so "famous" that every clerk who works there knows me. Haha. Wait... That means that I must have fallen sick quite a few times when I was a child. =d Anyway, she gave me a box of chocolate. Merci one hor. For what?? Just because I went ot visit her and the fact that I'm going NS. Haha.

After that, I walked to Forum to walk walk since it was still early. And walking down orchird road, I walked past... St. Regis hotel. Even from the outside, I can tell it's a good hotel. Why?? Cause parked outside the hotel was... 3 Aston Martins, 3 Mercedez and 2 Porche. Like what the heck lah. One hotel have so many expensive cars. Haha. So after walking by St. Regis, I went to Forum's Toy 'R' Us. It's SO MUCH better then JP's one lah. But it was very empty. After Forum, I went to Borders to see if there's any new books. Sadly, there wasn't any. Then from Borders I went to the Esplande Library to photocopy some scores. Nothing interesting except for the fact that the bloody photocopying machine ate up my cashcard. My newly bought cashcard somemore. Hur hur. So damn not funny lah. Luckily it gave it back when it was rebooted. If not... Haha. After that, I came back to JP and helped my mother carry her shopping again. This time, it was assesment books for my younger brotherS.

At night, I went back to JJ for it's JJ night. I reached the school at 2030 lah. But then I took a walk around JJ for memories sake and... Damn it, I wish I was still studying in JJ. Each spot in JJ carries so many memories. Be it good or bad. The stars were twinkling at me lah. It was beautiful. I went to the hall at 2100. Emm... By that time, they were already emo-ing already. I stood at the back of the hall and listen to Mr Chua talk to the campers. And... The feeling's just not that lah. I'm sorry, but he still can't hold a candle to Mr Ng or Mr Leow. Anyway, I was leaving the hall when I met Karolyn. So we moved down to the canteen and talked. Not before Mdm Sim walked by me and said... " Wah, your hair very long now ar." Like... Ok... It is long. If I pull it straight, the fringe can cover my eye. We talked and walked around. Karolyn if you're reading this. Just don't think too much lah. Whatever will happen will happen. Fate? Luck? Coinsidence? Whatever lah. If it's meant to happen, it will happen no matter what. So ya, don't think too much k. And... Why the way you talk to me ar, like we never ever going to meet again..? Are we never going to meet up again??? I hope not... When they all went for debrief, I ran off. Haha. 1) I can't stand debriefs. 2) I wasn't there the whole time like some people.

She ( Karolyn) brought up something interesting. Something about humans never ever knowing when to stop, even when they have everything that they can ever need. I mean, it's kind of obvious isn't it? Just look at the contestants playing deal or no deal. But still... All I want is... To get a job that pays me to fly around the world or a job that pays me enough so that I can fly around the world. I mean, if there's one thing I would want, that's a girlfriend/ more close friends but... I already have close friends, I have a roof over my head, I have great friends, I have a family. All I want now is to fufill my dream of flying around the world either by myself or with friends. That's all I want now. Is that a lot to ask for?? I mean, I'm not going to sit back and shake leg and smoke cigar and hope that my dream will just come true by itself. I'm willing to work hard to fufill my dream of going to every country in the world.

And the people I met there, whom I wasn't expecting to meet since I just went back to JJ on my own. Mdm Sim, Eunice, Kui Noi WHO STILL CALLS ME PEH YONGJUN, Clara, Michelle Wong who surprised me by saying that she missed me when all the 2 years in class, I never talked to her much, Kai Ting, Karolyn, Xin Yun, Tommy ( Who yelled my name from one end of the canteen to the other), Wei Xiang, Shao Wei ( my camper from 02 2 years ago.), Ai Ting, Hwee Ting. Ah... I know I met a few more people but I can't remember who... Of course... some people who I know/work together before acted like they don't know me. Well whatever, if you're too good for me, fine. I don't give a shit.

I feel old. Just 2 years ago, I was the one who was standing in the masses cheering like some mad guy. Then 3 months later, I was leading an OG to cheer like mad people and now... I'm standing at the back of the hall remembering old times... Old already...

But, I have to thank JJ. JJ has changed me in a huge way. Maybe it's not so obvious to you, my JC friends, but my secondary school friends should know how much I've changed since I went to JJ. So I'm thankful that I went to JJ and went through everything that I've went through.

And my freaking transport cost for the whole day, $6.55. WHAT THE HECK LAH. SO freaking ex. Pss. I miss student fare. And I didn't even travel that much.

5th Jan

Nothing much for once. I went down to my grandmother's house. And the funny thing was... When I told her the next time I see her was going to be Chinese New year, she thought I was going overseas for a holiday. Haha. Damn funny lah. And I collected my new specs. I'm not saying anything, except that I look like an idiot in them. Idiotic nerd that is. I wanna go for Lasik.

6th Jan

Had an 06S01 1st 3 months lunch just now. As usual, not everyone turned up. I just have to say something ok. Can you people please be punctual for once?? I don't mind waiting 5-10 mins since I'm not always there on time too BUT to wait for 30mins- 1 Hr is just bloody ridiculous ok. I can do a lot of things in 1 hour ok. At the very least, message/ call and say that you're going to be late lah. Don't know why leh, everytime I go out with you all, I end up waiting for you all for so long. Please lah, life's already so short. I don't want to waste time waiting for you when I can use that time doing something else.

People who turned up... Rena, Rauf, Ridzuan ( The 3 Rs) Ai Ting, Jie Yee, Farhana, Jay and Jo. It's weird. After not seeing them for so long, it's just weird to suddenly meet up and talk again. After that, I went to IMM to meet up with my family and ya, I'm getting a free digital camera. How come? Cause my older brother decided to upgrade the internet speed so that he can play his WOW and the free gift was a digital camera and since he already has one, I'm getting it since I'm the second oldest child in my family. Of course, that means I have to share it with my parents but it's still mine. Haha. =D

That about sums up my days since the new year. Very busy hor. Haha. But it beats staying at home and keeping the broom and mop company. Haha. I came across a few interesting things in the books I've been reading and it's kinda cool actually. So... Here goes...

" People see racers like Fabian and Romba, and they think they're superhuman. Men of steel. Bold champions who fly at astronomical speeds without fear or nerves. But they're not superheroes. Oh no, they're not. They are ordinary men, with fears and loves and weaknesses like you and me. This is why we love sportspeople- from Tiger Woods to Donald Bradman to Muhammad Ali to Roger Federer- They handle a kind of pressure that most people cannot even imagine. They stand on a golf course or in a stadium or in a ring or in a court, with hundreds of thousands of viewers watching them and then, they keep standing and under all the scrutiny, they do what they have practised for so long and they do it well. That's why we love them. We think we would fail, and yet they don't. But that doesn't mean they aren't afraid." Hover Car Racer, Matthew Reilly. My favourite author for the moment.

I guess this goes to show that everyone is human, even if they can do things we can't. I just copied wholesale from the book. Just change it to a point of view that you can use. Even though people might be doing better then you, they're still human. They still have their fears and weaknesses too. But still, we look up to them because they can do things that we cannot do/ do it well.

And the stupidest thing I've ever read in my game, " I know the feeling ( Of losing something and finding it after a long time), I wasted a whole day looking for my dentures before I realize... They were in my mouth the whole time." The judge from Phoenix Wright, Ace Attorney. It's like, what the heck?! Amazing lah.

Aishah, my part of the deal is that I treat you when I go NS lah. Of course lah, since you're already working, you should also treat me. But I'm keeping to my side of the promise. Haha. If I get into OCS, I treat you to pizza hut. If not then I treat you to coffeeshop food. Haha. Thinking about it, I think I also owe Esther a treat since she gave me a present and I didn't get her anything... Then someone said I should be less jerk (As if I am in the first place haha) and treat her too. 3 guesses since only 1 person still calls me a jerk. I only have 1 thing to say... Am I that generous a person?? Haha... I didn't even know that.

After everything that I've been through, I honestly think that maybe, just maybe, I'm a better friend that what I've ever thought I could be. I know this sounds stupid, but ya, maybe I am a better friend than what I ever thought I could be...

And my plans for the last few days, tomorrow is 06S02/ small group gathering to play badminton. Must go... Cause it's the last day before Ridzuan enlist. Anybody wants to go out with me on tuesday or wednesday??? Last chance you know, if not got to wait until... 3 months later? haha. I'm kidding. But seriously, anyone wants to go out??? HAHAha...

Ok, I'm done. I know it's long. Heck, it's from the New Year till now. Anyway, don't complain. It took me 5 hours to write this much ( While getting distracted by solitaire) but for most of you, you'll be through this in what? 10 mins? I'm going to sleep. There's amazing race tomorrow!! =D See, must bluff myself that I can visit countries by watching it. haha.

PS: Note to self, return all library books before enlisting.
PSS: That's a freaking long post. HAHA


Short Intro
Yong Jun
22
Facing Mid-Life crisis. Or Quarter-life crisis
Words don't do me justice. Honestly.


Chat
Links
Aishah
Amanda
Amanda Ng
Christina
Esther Ker
Eunice
Farhana
Jonathan
Karolynn
Kui Noi
Rachel
Shahida
Valerie
link


Thanks
Hard Work
Designer: Chocoxbaby
Resources: 1/ 2/ 3/ 4/