<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/35583337?origin\x3dhttp://subjectivityisthekey.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
What's written here are my own thoughts. If you disagree with it, be professional and click the red X on the top right hand side. Please don't spam my C-box with vulgarities.
Sunday, February 17, 2008 @ 14:41
*
Here, as promised. I shall update about army life. Even though I don't know if I'm allowed to. Now, only 2 dates are important to me. 12th march and 9th nov 2009. Why?? Cause those are my POP and ORD dates. Haha. Serve one month only then look forward to ORDing already.

In case you don't know. I've already completed my live range, live grenade range and field camp. So ya, I've completed everything important already. That's why I can message you people or those that message me anyway during all times of the day. Haha. Sad for PM son, now sweating it out in the jungle. Haha. Sad for Ming Hor also, also in the jungle now. But they damn lucky la. Never even rain once now. Unlike me.

For those of you who are interested, this is the people from JJ who are in the same company as me, Bronco. Me, Han Yang, Sherman, Jun Cheng, Marcus, Gabriel, Qian Li, Jia Yang, Wei Qing, Aniz, Bryan, Jerry, Huang Shern. And no, I didn't there was so many until I saw them face to face. Even then I couldn't recognize them.

For those of you who still harbour the stupid thought that holding a gun is a cool thing and that it's just like CS, forget it. It's nothing like CS. What you're holding is a weapon. A weapon that can kill someone else if something wrong happens. It's a weapon that can take away another person's life, your friend or your enemy if you pull the trigger wrongly and there's a round chambered. It's a weapon that can end the dreams of the person who you aim and squeeze the trigger at. That gun is a weapon that can and will kill. And no, I don't like guns. Unlike you Jonathan.

I've completed live range. And yes, someone misfired. With a bloody live round. Another 2 or 3 meters and someone would be shot in the head. That's how scary a gun is. Imagine you are the person who is lying prone there, doing everything correctly. And then a shot rings out and the bullet impacts just 2 meters away from your face. I tell you, even your balls will drop if you see that happen to you. But in the end, luckily no one was hurt.

Field camp was......... No words to describe it. It's really not difficult. It's actually much more slack as compared to the things we do during at the company line. It's just that, the enviroment and the food can just totally turn you off la. Combat rations, there's just 2 flavors, spicy or non-spicy. I lost 4kg during field camp week. Haha. The best way to lose weight, eat combat rations all the way. I digged my grave in the rain and it became a bloody swimming pool. The best part is, we had to prone in it for 1 hour and 30 mins. By the time everyone came out, our uniform that was supposed to be green, brown and black all turned to a pretty light brown colour. Oh, and you can't bath for 6 days. And it was F***ing cold. It was raining heavily during the stand to time ok. Temperature was around 22 degrees to 25 degrees. Imagine that temperature, with the sea breeze blowing you while you're wearing wet clothes. It's freaking shiok ok.

We learnt urban ops also. Now that's really like CS. We had to storm buildings and climb through windows and doors and all that. My section was the one that had the most fun. Because my section commander taught us all that we needed to learn, then practise. Once we practised finish, he had a few of us hide around the building in order to ambush the team that was undergoing the test. I tell you, that was the one time that we were allowed to point the rifle at someone and pull the trigger. But we were using blanks so it's ok. Also, in the jungle, he taught us how to flank and ambush the other sections who were practising. Out of my whole platoon, I think he's one of the best if not the best sergeant there is.

The best part of field camp?? The last night where we were told to cover our shell scrape AKA our graves and sleep next to it. Since it was raining. Most of our groundsheets were soaked la. So my section, all 10 of us slept together on 2 groundsheets with our rifles close to us in our wet uniforms. I tell you, it's bloody "Kinky" as my officer would say.

Grenade throwing was done on Valentine's day. SO while all of you were celebrating Valentine's day with your other half's, my company was wondering whether we would live to see another day anot. It's a bloody live grenade la, it can kill you. And we had to put it just in front of our hearts. Your heart will stop beating when this happens to you.

Standard Obsticle Course (SOC) is fun. It's like a playground for adults. There's monkey bars, balancing beams and all. But the risk is super high la. Land wrongly only, ankle fractured, shoulder dislocated, leg broken. OOT straight away. A lot of people already fractured their ankles already. Luckily, the only thing I got from SOC so far is blisters blisters and more blisters. But I'm contented with that. Even though they do hurt like F.

IN army, there are only 2 words that you'll hear a lot. F*** and CB. That's how limited vocab is in the army. Haha. I got scolded alot of times already loh. Learn to close one ear already. And yes, I got arrowed alot of times already. I got arrowed to be section IC, Bunk IC, News IC and Sai Kang IC since I'm the last guy of my platoon.

I don't think I have anything else to type. To summarise what we do in army, there's this one song that goes somewhat like this.

Got no time to eat chocolate bar
But got time to chin up bar ya
Got no time to eat orange ya
But got time to go live range
Got no time to eat KFC ya
But got time to learn IFC
Got no time to sleep in bunk
But got time to do sai kang ya
Got no time to watch TV
But got time to do PT

And much much more la.

Damn it, my weekend's getting burned again. Cause I finish my outfield training on Saturday. So it's really up to the wind to see if I can book out this week anot. Damn it. After 5 weeks, I just have my first normal book out only you know. Arrr... Unfair la. Oh well. It's army. And my rank, recruit. the lowest of the low.

Short Intro
Yong Jun
22
Facing Mid-Life crisis. Or Quarter-life crisis
Words don't do me justice. Honestly.


Chat
Links
Aishah
Amanda
Amanda Ng
Christina
Esther Ker
Eunice
Farhana
Jonathan
Karolynn
Kui Noi
Rachel
Shahida
Valerie
link


Thanks
Hard Work
Designer: Chocoxbaby
Resources: 1/ 2/ 3/ 4/