<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/35583337?origin\x3dhttp://subjectivityisthekey.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
What's written here are my own thoughts. If you disagree with it, be professional and click the red X on the top right hand side. Please don't spam my C-box with vulgarities.
Friday, March 21, 2008 @ 02:23
*
This is long outdated. One week old. But hey, I've really got no time with army, open houses and basically catching up on my sleep. So too bad, you just have to wait. Anyway, it's not as if anyone reads my blog anyway. Not to my knowledge anyway. So let's start from last friday. The A level results release day.


Friday, 7th March 2008.


Was a hectic day for all of us at BMTC school 1 as we were only allowed to book out from 11am onwards. And what did we do in the morning?? GP rehearsal. Stupid PM session took 45 mins longer then the allocated time given to them which snowballed when we, the AM session began late. Since my company was the first to book out that day, we had to rush through the GP rehearsal where *Cough* Quebec *Cough* keeps screwing up the rehearsal. So we booked out a bit later then the time that was given to us and ya, it snowballed from there till the last company booked out late.


Anyway, I reached JJ at exactly 1430. The principal had already finished his speech they were about to show the statistics. So ya, stats shown, hurray blah blah blah. And so ya, collected my results. Honestly, time stopped if that was possible... Saw my results. What is it?? Too bad, I'm not putting it up here. No way no how. Any Tom, Harry, Dick can access my blog if they have the right address so no way in hell am I putting it up. Want to know what it is, ask me. Simple. I can't say that I'm disappointed. Neither can I say that I'm satisfied. All I'm left thinking if my grade is at the high end of that grade or the low end. As in, what would happen if I just answered one more question correctly. Would I get a higher grade? Or would it be the same?? I guess this is why they only tell you your grades and not your marks. I'm glad that at least you got good marks... If not... I doubt you'll be reading this...


Anyway... I thought my marks were average at the very least... But asking around... It's really scraping the average mark... And the worse feeling is that... My parents think that I did quite well. My aunties and grandmother think I did superb since they heard about my results. And I don't have the heart to tell them that there's really nothing to be proud of. Now, I've become the example to which all my younger cousins (Which is all except one) are suppose to follow since I finished my A levels with such *superb* grades... Even though I don't know why me since my older cousin also can go to Uni albeit he got his college education in Thailand since he's family migrated there for 4 years. I'm not making sense right. ZZZzzz. I don't want to be an example. Please, I have more flaws and bad points then I have good points. I said it before and I'm sticking by it. I know myself best. Some of you don't even know the real me.



95% of my platoon people has at least an A, with around 20% getting straight As for their A levels... Shows you the difference between JJ and other schools.


Wednesday 12th March 2008


The day that most of us in BMTC were waiting for... POP day. The night before... Ya, was spent remembering the days since we enlisted to field camp to SIT test to now, POP. We talked till it was quite late (I.E. 1am) and the next day most of us were tired cause... We only had 4 hours of sleep. But ya, it was nice remembering the times we had together. The other section was playing some sort of CS using brooms and all. They even stormed a section where the sergeant was in it. It's kind of hard explaining it in words. I mean, words never ever do justice to the events that actually take place does it?? So yea, I'm not going to explain. But the thought of moving on to the next phase of training and having a new section to bunk with for the next year+ really doesn't seem that appelling after going through BMT with my section, section 4. Always the first section to fall in, always the cleanest section during standby area and always the section to kena arrowed to do Sai Kang. I really can't imagine having another section to stay with during the next phase of training.


Section 4 consists of... David "Superman" Chan ( RJ's Vice prez, president scholar who actually had tea with the president and the only person who got 100% for his peer apprasel... That is to say, the whole platoon of 49 people voted him first... Talk about popular...), Chin "Mama shop" Hong, Kenneth "White Horse" Lui, Abel "Sleeping Beauty" Chiew, Danson "Chairman" Cheong, Zhi " Sergeant Kong" Chuan, Kok " Bronco Boy" Swee, Joel "Fishmonger" Lee, Chi "Chimp" Meng and me... It's hard to believe that we're so bonded together even though it's only 9 weeks but I guess... Going through Field camp (Especially when it rained for 3 days straight, the last 3 days when most of us were already sick of the damn place), IPPT, SIT test and all the training together does bring people close.


So what have I been doing ever since I POPed last wednesday??

Thursday was spent with my section. Went to Marina Square and Esplande. Still waiting for the pictures.

Friday was spent at Alexandra Hospital. For anyone whose going to meet up with me, don't be surprised if you see my right eye totally red. It's been like that for 3 weeks. Yup, got an eye infection since SIT test. But it's not that serious. It just makes my eyes red, that's all.

Saturday was spent................ With 06S02. Went to the airport after that to see my father off. He flew to Europe AGAIN for god knows what... He flies there like... An average of 6 times a year...

Sunday was spent at Marina Square again. This time at the EA games convention held there. My older brother worked there so he asked me to go down and take part in the lucky draw.

Monday was spent going through all the Uni stuff that I collected since Last year in JJ, results collection day and all the open houses. Made my desicion of what course I want to take, but I still have to wait for my father to come back as he wants to see what course I've chosen.

Tuesday was spent... At home clearing up my room. And at JP since I walked there to get something.

And my itenary for the next few days... Wednesday: Ikea! Like finally. Just going to have a walk there and maybe see the display cases they have on sale there. Thursday: Section outing again. This time at Raffles city... Made a card for our sergeant... Friday: It's good friday. Going airport to fetch my father. Then apply for Uni and check posting. Saturday: Going Kayaking first then going to my grandmother's house. Sunday: No idea. Monday, report back to Army... My block leave is up...

So I cleared my room on Monday, not really cleared lah, just shifting things here and there. I happened to chance upon the our orientation CD and I decided to go through it. It kind of brings back memories of what we did, throwing water bombs at each other, cheering our lungs out, emo-ing during one of Mr Leow's talk or through E-web, the friendships that we made, the joy and the laughter that we shared. Then I remembered the time when I became an OGL, it was really on the spur of the moment. Ask me to do it again and I'll think twice. Being voted the Assistant Family Head because and ONLY BECAUSE I was the only one without any appointments, not because I had some incredible leadership skill or something. Having a hard time convincing the 2nd intake people to cheer when they ARE older then me (most of their birthdays are in April), staying up the whole night just to do the gifts for the OG, OG2, creating the contact list in which I still remember K, I spelled Esther Ker's name as Ester. And I didn't notice it till she pointed it out. Being called C****** by Esther and Sharon and much more...............

Then I noticed a CD that I didn't know who gave it to me. Looking at it, I realize it's from MY OGL, Sally. And Yup, it contains photos from OUR (1st Intake) orientation. Brings back about the same memories as the 2nd intake. I still keep in touch with her ok... She asked me about my results and gave me advice about what to do for which I'm grateful...

And there was the times spent in JJ, god, especially the 2nd year. First year was spent serving the school. First year was memorable, with all the camps, activities and basically shoving studies one side. Till a wake up call came at the end of the year where I almost got retained. While most of the people I knew where happily celebrating their promotion (Cue smart people, you know who you are), I was worrying my ass off whether I would get retained. But I didn't. And I promised that I would study harder and I did. I went for more remedials, more consultations and started doing all the tutorials without referring to notes. The most memorable part of J2?? For me lah, staying back in school everyday until 10pm and being one of the last few to leave. And sharing the table in the library with anyone who happened to stay back. If not I'll be the one at the table with my notes all over the table. I'm the messiest guy there.

Then talking about JJ has got me thinking about my 4 years in Pioneer. Heck, those four years were even greater. From the time we keep tricking Mdm Tham about shifting the tests dates back to role playing in Lit class to us desperately trying to understand A maths to avoiding getting scolded by Miss Wong to CCA to going for overseas trips. To Thailand for a exchange camp with other scouts from other nationalities to the Japan trip where we seriously cut loose and enjoyed ourselves with being fascinated by the electronic toilet bowl that they have there to just enjoying ourselves with the company there.

......................................................................... I have come a long way haven't I... We all have... To whoever is reading this ever patiently while trying to make sense of my confused mind... We have come a long way... Ever since we were born 18/19 years ago (Or whatever age you are who is reading this)... Sure, life has it's up and downs... But we made it... Personally, I made it... I fought bloody hard to get where I am now. From my lousy PSLE result of 195 ( Yes, I only got 195 for my PSLE result compared to all of you 220+ at least) to going to Pioneer Sec (Point to note, that is why I never ever understand why people like ZC and Eunice went to Pioneer but oh well...) and mugging my ass off to get into JJ where even more mugging ensue to ensure that I wouldn't waste my 2 years at JJ ( I wouldn't call it a waste since I had a tremendous amount of fun above all the mugging) and end up with an A level cert that is really useless... And now... I have a fighting chance of getting into a local Uni... A bloody slim one at that... With all the poly students graduating and such... But it's a fighting chance none the less...


I'm worried. I admit it. There's alot of people applying for Uni who has better grades then me. For the JC side, there's alot of people who has gotten at LEAST an A for one subject. For the Poly side, there's god knows how many graduates ( I've forgotten the article I read last saturday) out and looking for Uni spots too. Suddenly, my results doesn't seem that great... It seems lousy... It was lousy in the first place... No it looks even worse. Oh well... It's over and I'm done with A levels. Now's the time to cross my fingers, toes and whatever parts that can be cross and hope that I can get into a local Uni. If not... I'm quite sure that I don't have to consider studying again for some time since the fact that I can't go to an overseas Uni... If not, my older brother would have went there a long long long time ago. But then again, now there's so many ways to study in life... Can take up study loan and all that crap. But then again again, I never know... I'm applying for Uni tomorrow/later. Here's hoping that I can get into the course that I want... If not... I'll worry about it when the time comes...

I've done all that I can. I know that I've done my best. That's enough. I can't be doing this alone. Either you help... Or else... We might as well drop the notion of it...

Whoever called me on Tuesday using your house phone... I'm still waiting for your call... Wa lao, if I don't pick up, call me back at a later time or at least send me a message lah. I got so many contacts in my phonebook, you expect me to call one by one and ask you whether you called me?? And the worse thing is, it's a private number... But then again, according to my idealogy, if it's important, you'll call back... If not, then it's not important.

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/singaporeseen/viewContent.jsp?commentPageNo=1&id=15132#comment In case any of you don't know... JJ has been complained about in STOMP. Apparently, someone who doesn't know any better took a photo of our orientation camp in full glory and posted it on STOMP saying some negative stuff... And the best part about the comments posted by the online people, all 93 pages of it has turned from talking about water wastage to an all out war between JC people and poly people. I'm not taking any sides. I come from JJ. I know what the water is used for and how most of the excess water is used. That's not to say that the public knows but apparently, this is singapore. The place where people who don't know any better just assume things and kick a mountain out of a molehill (Which I do want to see happen sometime.). Like what Denise said (I stole this from her blog but don't tell her.) sometimes, if you don't know anything. It's better not to say anything at all. What amuses me the most is how 93 pages worth of comment can be totally unrelated to the topic. Just like the Trishaw bullying act committed some time ago which totally turned into Singaporeans threatening those 3 British people (Go read it up on Youtube, some of the comments are quite funny), this topic about "Water Saving" has turned into a brawl between JC and Poly students.


I admit, I've bloody blunt in the way I talk. But what's the point of lying to your friends if you mean the same thing that I do... Telling a lie and getting caught is the easiest way to break a friendship... Either that or the friendship just won't be the same anymore. There will be just this feeling of mistrust between each other. And please don't assume people don't know you're lying... Give people more credit then what you actually think of them...

I think I'm quite done... I've run out of things to say... What else is there for me to say... I've created a facebook account but please don't poke me or anything... I just created it for the sake of getting photos of our POP which I deleted off all by mistake from my section mates. I've also updated my friendster account I think. Since it was a "special" request from my section... It's either that or I have to pay the damn bill of $200...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keys_to_the_Kingdom That's the books I'm currently reading. I don't give a damn that their aimed at teenagers. As long as it's interesting, I'm willing to read it.

C&C3 expansion release the day I report back to army... WTFH()$@()%&*@#%&*)#%&)(*#&%... Extremely good timing lah....... #%(&#(%)&#)(#&

PS... If you read every word that I have typed. Congratulations... You just read one weeks worth of typing done by me in whatever time you take to read this.


Short Intro
Yong Jun
22
Facing Mid-Life crisis. Or Quarter-life crisis
Words don't do me justice. Honestly.


Chat
Links
Aishah
Amanda
Amanda Ng
Christina
Esther Ker
Eunice
Farhana
Jonathan
Karolynn
Kui Noi
Rachel
Shahida
Valerie
link


Thanks
Hard Work
Designer: Chocoxbaby
Resources: 1/ 2/ 3/ 4/