What's written here are my own thoughts. If you disagree with it, be professional and click the red X on the top right hand side. Please don't spam my C-box with vulgarities.
Sunday, June 08, 2008 @ 20:45
*
If my thoughts don't seem to make sense, you must forgive me. I had a 24hr shift guard duty yesterday ( Saturday) and I got turned out 6 times during the night. So I'm basically trying to link my incoherent thoughts together. But yea, besides having a trigger happy officer in charge who just loves pressing the turn out button whenever he comes about, having a "psychotic" person as the BOS told us sharing the same bunk with you at night who might steal your bayonet and all the turn outs, I had fun I guess. Oh ya, I learnt something about Mr Leow from my sergeant who is also conincidentally from JJ. He told me Mr Leow's a full LT and he's also from Arti. If so then it's expected lah. We both agreed on one thing. " It's ok if you worked hard for your grades and get good grades. If so, then you deserve the right to annouce it. If you didn't work hard and you still get good grades and you still brag about it, then in short, you're fucked up." Miss Zhang taught him too. So we had quite a few common things to talk about.
I haven't received any letter... Wait, correction. I received from both NTU and NUS. Both letters of rejection. Read it, I'm not ashamed to say I got rejected. So yep, I have no idea what to do now. You know the same things going to happen next year when those who were rejected this year apply with those who just graduated..? So......? Luckily, I still have NS to serve. 1 more year and 5 more months.
I don't know what else to type. I haven't been catching up with people much. I send less then 200 messages a month now. Shows you that things do change when you go army. Where am I going next weekend? Well... I'm going to my "thinking spot" to think about what to do about my uni application and stuff. So yea, if you know where that is, you're welcome to join me.
To those who got into Uni and it's the course that you want/applied for, Congratulations from the bottom of my heart. You managed to get in when there's so many people applying for uni. That shows that you're up there. For those who are like me, well... Don't lose hope I guess, there's plenty of ways to furthur your studies these days. It's just about finding the right choice for you. I'm still going to achieve my dream. I'm going to work hard for it.
You promised me that you would cheer up. Or more like I force you to. It's up to you to keep that promise. I hope you do.
"Dream lofty dreams, and as you dream, so you shall become. Your vision is the promise of what you shall one day be; your ideal is the prophecy of what you shall at last unveil."--James Allen
I caught this on TV during dinner in camp. During one of the olympic advertisments.
"Hold fast to dreams for if dreams die Life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly. Hold fast to dreams for if dreams go Life is a barren field frozen in snow."--Langston Hughes
I'm not letting go of my dream to travel the world. Sure, the going just got murkier and more screwed up, but that only makes the getting there more memorable.
This is my last post till furthur notice. My life is kinda screwed up now. As in really really screwed up so I'm going to use a screwdriver and unscrew it.