<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/35583337?origin\x3dhttp://subjectivityisthekey.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
What's written here are my own thoughts. If you disagree with it, be professional and click the red X on the top right hand side. Please don't spam my C-box with vulgarities.
Thursday, January 01, 2009 @ 22:39
*
So this is 2009. It seems 2008 has come and gone in a flash. But that's how it is for every year isn't it? We say that it lasts too long and when the end comes, we always say it ends too fast. So what was the thing that made it go fast for me? Army lah. I've served for 355 days counting in Saturdays and Sundays. Next saturday is going to be my 1 year anniversary in the army and honestly. There really is all kinds of people in the army. So to do it ala Christina style... The top 10 best things that happened in 2008 and the top 10 worst thing that happened in 2008. And Christina sure surprised me... But then again, why am I surprised. She IS the most optimistic person I've ever known in my 19 years of life...

So the top 10 best things that happened this year...............

1) My older brother and I started talking more. Before I served NS, the only thing we'll talk about is him buying back food from him and me calling him asking whether he wants food. After NS, we have the same thing to bitch about, idiots in the army. He has started treating more as an equal instead of somewhat of a hinderance. He's now willing to at least introduce his friends to me instead of ignoring me on the streets everytime we meet. So ya. And of course, my bond with my family has strengthened. Almost every sunday I spend it with them cause... The reason for that later. But serving army really makes you apppreciate your family more. But then again... Noticing what I did really makes me doubt certain things... But more on that another time...

2) Believe it or not, getting my A level results which suckssssss alot but I maintain this fact. At least I passed. For someone who's been failing every damn stupid test in JC, getting a B for my chem is something which I'm freaking proud of, as lousy as it is compared to someone A. BUT then, that someone has been always getting As for all her subject so it's no surprise. But for me, passing that was a huge surprise.

3) What can I say?? Enlisting in the great and glorious army of our nation and meeting a wide variety of people. From my section mates in BMT and there's really a person in there who has a high probability who will become someone big next time (RJ's ex vice chairman) to people in SISPEC who I honestly don't give a damn since they're all assholes trying too hard to cross-over to OCS to AI where I met my current batch of colleagues and my "drinking" buddies. Most likely it's them who drink like mad and I just tag along for fun. The last time we went out we spent close to $1.5k for the whole night for 8 people. $200 for dinner at orchard cine, $900 for drinks afterwards, $200 for supper at Geylang after everything and another $200 for cab fare back. It was already 4am. Now that I think about it, we should have just waited another 2 hours and took the MRT back home. But oh well. I've already stated before. These are people who I've suffered with through our trainee days and they didn't put a bullet into my back yet, so I guess that means something.

4) Being able to watch F1 live when it first premired in Singapore. I watched it, live. My father's company bought some package deal or something and they had leftover tickets so I took it of course. I watched it alone yes, but in the midst of the cheering crowd who gives a damn about something like that. And it's grandstand tickets somemore. Someone told me that the tickets cause somewhat close to $300 and I got it for free. So yea, what more can I ask for?

5) Watching NDP live this year again after participating in it in 2003 (Sec 2). At least now, having served the army, you realize most of the terms used in the parade as compared to not knowing anything and just watching the show the last time.

6) Learning to let go of friends. I don't care if you think this should be wrong or anything but, after one year, I finally realize that it takes 2 hands to clap. I can't be the one whose clapping all the time and looking like an idiot wondering whether you will even reply my messages or pick up my calls. So like it or not, learning to let go is 1 of my plus points for these years as it means I'll be less preplexed. Besides, we can not talk for half a year and still be good friends. I know, it happened.

7) Going to Bintan for my father's company family cohesion or something like that. Even going there for 3 days is a good thing I promise you. It's free, you go there and unwind. Change of scenary for 3 days, why not? I met Bernice there, Eunice's classmate in JJ. Her mother works in the same company as my father. My father is freaking popular lah. Chances are he knows your parents too. I swear. Everywhere he go, there's people coming up to him and talking to him.

8) Finally, after so long. All the stupid comparisons between me and my cousins have finally been stopped. Why? I'm currently the smartest among my mother side of the family. Simply because I have an A level cert to prove it. My older brother and my older cousin went poly so I'm the highest now. And all the comparisons have stopped. Thank god. I hate it when people compare me to others. I'm unique. There's no other motherf in the world as f up as me and I'm proud of that. But then... My cousin just got 240++ for her PSLE result which is like, 50 points higher than my 195 result so I won't be surprised if she's the smartest among all of us.

9) Even though this has nothing to do with me but... The greatest computer RTS game came out. Twice. I'm talking about Command & Conquer 3 and Red Alert 3. I tell you, those games are thy bomb. Waited ever since the last time it came out and it really didn't disappoint now. Freaking awesome is the only words to describe this 2. AS compared to taking some gun and shooting each other or using some sort of monster in an attempt to kill other monsters. ( CS & DOTA lah.)

10) And the last thing of all... The greatest thing of 2008. I'm still alive. Hey, with all the deaths happenning in the SAF, people misfiring their rifles with live rounds and the things they put us through, I'm proud to say that I'm still alive writing down this things. And that to me, is the greatest thing of 2008.

And the 10 worst things that happened...

1) Not getting into a Uni...
2) Saying goodbye
3) Almost getting charged for doing the right thing at the right time in front of the wrong person.
4) Meeting a few people in the army.
5) The book I've been waiting for has been delayed until the end of this year.
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

I can't think of anything else besides those 5. But I'm sure there's more... I'm naturally unlucky. Haha.

And the 10 things to look forward to this year...
1) ORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 091109.
2) Uni admission... Again
3) Going overseas after I ORD by myself.
4) Going out with my dear dear friend this Sunday. Like after so long.
5) 20
6) ORD
7) ORD
8) ORD
9) ORD
10) ORD.

As you can see... There's only ORD on my mind now...

And if you're wondering why my facebook status is as such... I'm going for field camp for 5 days... So it better not rain. I'll be bringing my hp out. I'm allowed to and it's compulsory for me. So yea... Please don't rain...

Short Intro
Yong Jun
22
Facing Mid-Life crisis. Or Quarter-life crisis
Words don't do me justice. Honestly.


Chat
Links
Aishah
Amanda
Amanda Ng
Christina
Esther Ker
Eunice
Farhana
Jonathan
Karolynn
Kui Noi
Rachel
Shahida
Valerie
link


Thanks
Hard Work
Designer: Chocoxbaby
Resources: 1/ 2/ 3/ 4/