What's written here are my own thoughts. If you disagree with it, be professional and click the red X on the top right hand side. Please don't spam my C-box with vulgarities.
Wednesday, March 24, 2010 @ 03:34
*
I can't sleep. Not that that's new... But it's already close to 4am... Usually I'm dead asleep at this time... I've been thinking about a lot of things lately... If you have no one to talk to, you'll just think about things. And most of them are rather private so I shan't talk about it.
Work is fun. I have no regrets passing up a $6 an hour job in an air condition room where everything is just using a computer for this $5.60 an hour job in unpredictable weather conditions, having to please everyone even if you're in the right. I find myself loving going to work even though it's seriously not easy. It's difficult trying to please everyone and it's difficult keeping your cool when people are expecting you to do things that you obviously can't. But I find myself volunteering for more. It's not the work that is fun. It's the people whom I work with that is fun. I work with teenagers. Most of them still studying in poly/ITE/JC/just graduated. The reason why I like this job so much is that as we work, we have fun at the same time too. What other job gives you such a liberty as to have fun while working?
And talking about work, I have to say that I truly respect these people whom I'm working with... I respect them more then I've ever respected any of my other friends before. I mean, they juggle school and work so as to ease some stress off their parents. Some of them are in freaking JCs. You know how difficult it is to just study in JC?? These people are studying AND working. I can't do it. Heck, I barely even managed to study in JC, let alone work some more. 2 of them are already supporting their families, the rest are also working so that they can support themselves. It opens your eyes. It taught me how fortunate that I am that I still have my parents supporting me even as I try to apply for a private uni that's going to cost a bomb on them... Hopefully, my schedule is such that I can continue working and at least help out a bit by earning enough to upkeep myself. Hopefully, but how often do the things you hope for come true??
And I just realized something about myself. I worked on Sunday, and it was raining heavily. It was a bloody thunderstorm. And there was this family with an old lady in a wheel chair who had to get to Imbiah station. I was at Sky, from Sky to imbiah station is at least a 10 mins work, and it's made worse by the fact that it's raining heavily. So I was tasked to accompany them and I did, getting drench for most of the part since I only had 1 umbrella and I had to shelter the family of 7. And by the time I reached Imbiah, I was kinda wet and miserably cold. So when I passed them on to the staff who was at Imbiah station, they wanted to hand me some money for some reason, and it's not a small sum ok, there was at least $20 that she wanted to hand to me. I turned it down and they told me how grateful they were that I was there to helped them out. At that point, seeing them smile and really seeing how grateful they were, I forgot how cold I was and immediately was proud of myself since I managed to do something that made a difference to this family. It's times like these that I really like working at Sentosa. The tourist that come are more patient then the people in the mainland. AND they know when you've tried your best. I love my job.
It's now 0430hrs. I'm still not sleepy even though my eyes are already closing. I wish life was easier... I wish I struck some $10 million toto draw and I was the only one who won... But that said and done, this is my life. I can whine, I can bitch, I can complain, I can cry but at the end of the day, no one else has to live my life except me. And besides, I think I would be at a lost of what to do if I suddenly earned $10mil. Besides, I don't think I would fit in with the high rollers of society... Truth be told, I'm kinda happy with my life right now... I've moved on from missing my "friends" too much ( More about that tomorrow ), I have a job I love and I've finally persuaded my father to let me take the course I want in Uni... SO yea, I'm really kind of contended with my life right now... I finally understand the saying... "True happiness is not about owning everything you want, it's about being contented with what you have." And to be honest... I'm happy now.
And with that, I'm going to sleep. Good night y'all.
And PS; I've decided to make my blog readable again. Just that I won't post any links to it. If you find it, good. If you don't like what you're reading and I promise you I'm going to insult all of my "friends" tomorrow, then kindly move your mouse over to the top right hand corner of the page and place it over the red colour X and left click it once.