What's written here are my own thoughts. If you disagree with it, be professional and click the red X on the top right hand side. Please don't spam my C-box with vulgarities.
Friday, August 06, 2010 @ 02:40
*
Love is fragile and we're not always its best caretakers. even the best of us make mistakes; we just muddle through and do the best we can to hope this fragile thing survive by all odds- The Last SongFor how many of us can actually say that we've managed to do the best that we can when it comes to love? For how many of us can actually say that we've been in love? For how many of us can say honestly that they've truly understood what love is?
What is love for that matter? Liking somebody? Doing much more for a person then you would others? What does it mean to love someone for that matter? To protect them? To give yourself up wholly for that person? Or as Miss Havisham has put it:
"Real love is blind devotion, unquestioning self-humiliation, utter submission, trust and belief against yourself and against the whole world, giving up your whole heart and soul to the smiter."Sorry ar, once a lit student, always a lit student. I love literature so much more then History and Geography please... Literature is so broad. Geography isn't as bad as history... History... No offence to the IOS and Fort people who happen to read this but... Learn history for what? What can you do to change the past?? Nothing... Yes, study to understand it but that's all. We learn about the atrocities that were committed in the past, but that's it isn't it? Geography at least you learn about the climate and all but literature is where it's at. But I digress as always, back to love.
Lover, a term given to someone who loves you. But look carefully again, in the word lover, there is the word over... So it's destined to fail?? Who knows...But from most of what I've seen from all my friends, yes. But then again, who knows? Maybe 1 day, you and your lover will become more then that, then, it'll be over, but a whole new chapter is just beginning.
Even experts have different views on what love is. Even people like you and me have different views on what love is. Even animals have different views on what love is. So let me ask you, dear reader(s) if there are any of you, what is your defination of love?? Is it when you know that it's just right to be with that person? Is it that you just have this feeling of happiness that you have when you're with that person? Or is it when you have this feeling of attraction towards a certain person. Either way it is... Teenagers nowadays, Me excluded since I'm already an adult, I've completed NS and I'm of legal age. But anyway, teenagers use the word love too lightly. Just read the newspaper. 12 year old, 14 years old, 16 years old teenagers telling each other they love each other before proceeding to the bedroom. If this is what love is, Cupid and Aphrodite would be vomitting blood... Wait... Do Angels have blood to vomit?? Anyway, they would be vomitting blood if this is what people think love is...
Well, that's what been on my mind for quite sometime. And I'm sorry for not blogging so often k Shahida. School has been really demanding recently... All my assignments are due and I'm sleeping at ungodly hours just to complete them. Haha. And anyway, I don't like the habit of posting such a short post then not posting anything else. I like giving my reader(s) food for thought. Hahaha.