<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/35583337?origin\x3dhttp://subjectivityisthekey.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
What's written here are my own thoughts. If you disagree with it, be professional and click the red X on the top right hand side. Please don't spam my C-box with vulgarities.
Saturday, May 12, 2012 @ 19:42
*
You know, I kinda pity the kids who live in this era nowadays... They are so... Pampered and they really don't know what they are missing out on, all the fun and excitement they can find but... They rather focus on their hand-phones and portable gaming devices and what not... But I get ahead of myself once again, let's start from the very beginning...

Nowadays, sitting anywhere and just observing the people who walk by,  you'll notice school kids in their uniforms, in their JC uniforms, Secondary school uniforms or EVEN primary school uniforms. Look closely, soon you'll see them take out their hand-phones, there's where the amazement will start.

I've seen primary school kids whip up iPhones and use it as their god given right. They act as though the iPhone wasn't a gift or a privilege,  but a necessity that was only given to them by right. Worse still, I've seen them whip out their iPads from their crumpler bags or Manhattan Portage bags and sit down and start using them without a care in the world. I would understand if its secondary school or JC, because some schools are adopting the use of iPads to replace textbooks, River Valley high is a good example of this. I have 2 cousins who go there and they both have their iPads for... "EDUCATIONAL" purposes, but last I looked at it, it was choked full of games.

But I digress, it's the very fact that primary school kids can walk around with iPads in their hands and that's their childhood. It's very very sad. That's their childhood, their noses to the screen of their iPhones and iPads, playing games, hardly glancing up as the day flies by. In fact, this seems to be the life of teenagers, kids and what not. Their life is stuck in the digital world, where they are represented by their avatars, by their characters whom they spend so much time to painstakingly create and customize to their liking, by their characters who are strong and can kill others with not so much as a press of a button.

But is this what life is really about?
 
My childhood... Now that's an amazing thing. I had a blast during my childhood.
 
In primary school, the only thing I cared about was going to the maze playground near my school with my clique back then to play catching in between class and remedial lessons. Imagine the fun and laughter we had, when we manage to remember the layout of the maze correctly and effectively trap others in a dead end. It's kinda like Hercules and the minotaur you know? The legend about how Hercules found his way thru the labyrinth, found the princess, avoided the minotaur and managed to find his way back out safely with the thread of god knows what? Highlight of my primary school had to be 5pm cartoon shows on channel 5. Spiderman, Power Rangers, X-men, Batman... None of those special graphics/3D effects you see on TV nowadays, good old graphics, awesome storyline, captivated audience.
 
Of course, Primary school recess was the best too. 30 mins, go create whatever mayhem you want. Country erasers, marbles, catching spiders... The list goes on and on and on. Heck, Primary 4 I even started a group that played block catching during recess. It was us against the prefects, yes, even the prefects joined in even though they were suppose to stop us. They were the police, we were the thieves. Level 3-5, no hiding in the toilet. Anywhere else is fair game. We avoided level 2 because the staff room was there. Lol. Of course, it was illegal and we created a lot of noise. I even remember the teacher teaching class halfway also come out and chase after us. LOL. Luckily he was a fat guy, we lost him by hiding under the staircase landing. LOL.
 
But of course, with all of those nonsense that we got up to, of course something was going to suffer. My PSLE results suffered as a result of all that we did. To all who read this, I only scored 195 for my PSLE. Yes, I know I'm currently an undergrad now, go JC and what not, but my PSLE result was really only 195. That's why to all ITE friends, believe in yourself. ITE doesn't stand for it's the end. If an idiotic person like me can get into a university when my PSLE results were 195, I don't see why you can't achieve your dreams as well.
 
Secondary school... I shall post about it another time. But look at what an awesome childhood I had. Compared to all the other children that are filled with their gadgets, toys and what not, I think I'm a million times luckier than they ever will be, and that's the truth.

Short Intro
Yong Jun
22
Facing Mid-Life crisis. Or Quarter-life crisis
Words don't do me justice. Honestly.


Chat
Links
Aishah
Amanda
Amanda Ng
Christina
Esther Ker
Eunice
Farhana
Jonathan
Karolynn
Kui Noi
Rachel
Shahida
Valerie
link


Thanks
Hard Work
Designer: Chocoxbaby
Resources: 1/ 2/ 3/ 4/